Iranian Association of Clinical Laboratory (IACLD) is a Mutual Recognition Arrangements (MRA) signatory to APAC that provides voluntary accreditation services based on the requirements of ISO / IEC 17011: 2017 and ILAC / APAC requirements to medical testing laboratories according to ISO 15189.
Introduction of the Accreditation
About IACLD (Accreditation Body)
Iranian Association of Clinical Laboratory (IACLD) is an accreditation body that provides accreditation services based on the requirements of ISO / IEC 17011: 2017 and ILAC / APAC standards to medical laboratories as an applicant for accreditation.
IACLD Manual has documented and described an overview of the main and supporting processes of the management system.
Scope of accreditation activity
IACLD provides assessment and accreditation services to applicant medical laboratories that shall establish, document, implement and maintain a management system based on the requirements of ISO 15189
References and regulations
3-1 ISO / IEC 17011: 2017 standard
3.2 Requirements set by APAC and ILAC
3-3 Iran regulation
IACLD is Mutual Recognition Arrangements (MRA) signatory to APAC and provides voluntary accreditation services to Medical testing laboratories in accordance with ISO 15189 ‘Medical laboratories -Requirements for quality and competence’
-Based on decision of General Assembly of the Iranian Association of Clinical Laboratory Doctors, IACLD pursued a quality management program in 2016 to create and implement an accreditation model.
-IACLD could join the Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC) as an associate member and then as a full member in 2018.
-IACLD joined to the Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) that is established on 1 January 2019
-IACLD joined APAC MRA signatory on August 2023.
The general expectation from the services of laboratories is to have the necessary qualifications to perform the tasks correctly and to issue reliable results. For this reason, today, we are witnessing a growing demand from laboratories to receive accreditation services by accreditation bodies because it not only ensures the proper performance of activities in accordance with the requirements but also provides the opportunities that test results to be accepted by other economies without the need for re-testing.
In response to this expectation, IACLD supports patients by providing accreditation services and accreditation certificates for applicant laboratories, and it facilitates the promotion of "Global acceptance of results issued by accredited laboratories.
Providing accreditation services by IACLD at the national, regional, and international levels and enhancing stakeholders’ confidence in IACLD services.
IACLD shall establish, document, implement and maintain a management system based on the requirements of ISO/IEC17011, APAC/ILAC,
- Providing accreditation services to applicant medical laboratories that shall establish, document, implement and maintain a management system based on the requirements of ISO 15189
-Signing mutual recognition agreements at regional and international levels within the framework of APAC and ILAC criteria and achieving global acceptance conditions for accredited laboratories.
- Participation in related international working groups and activities to stabilize and promote the position
-Cooperation with other specialized scientific associations and governmental and non-governmental organizations
Membership and activity of IACLD in scientific and international organizations and assemblies:
-Membership and cooperation with the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (IFCC)
- Membership and Representation of the Asian Federation - Pacific Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine in Iran (APFCB)
- Cooperation with the European Federation of Laboratory Medicine (EFLM)
-Membership in the Asia-Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Association (APLAC)
-Membership in the Asia-Pacific Accreditation Association (APAC)
- Membership in the Mirror Committee of ISIRI/ISO-TC212, ISIRI/ISO-TC198, CASCO
Please for receiving accreditation services from IACLD, prepare and complete the accreditation form with the code IACLD-F18 through AB's website or our office and submit it to email@example.com
along with the requested documents. For more information on other steps, please see the explanations in clause “the description of the accreditation process”.
Accreditation Application Form
Please refer to the following link to download the accreditation application form with code IACLD-F18:
The description of the accreditation process
- The general requirements for accreditation of medical lab shall be set out in ISO 15189 and other normative documents for the operation of the lab
- Submission of the IACLD-F18: Accreditation application form and the other determining documents to the AB’s office or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resource review by the AB, drafting and signing IACLD-F21: Contract form according to the IACLD-F20: Accreditation services fees form
- Preparation for assessment (appointing the assessment team, developing assessment plan ))
- Review of documented information
- Conducting the assessment (opening-closing meeting, performing assessment, conclusion, report of findings, review of the closure of non-conformities and corrective action, and follow-up or additional assessment
- Accreditation decision-making
- Issuance of Accreditation Certificate
IACLD invites medical laboratories applying for obtaining accreditation services from us, as well as applicants for cooperation as assessors and technical experts with IACLD, to contact the following addresses:
Website: report.iacld.com, http://en.iacld.com
Address: No 29 Ardeshir Alley Hashtbehesht st. Golha Square Fatemi st. Tehran Iran